2022-05-15

Three books

 Two books about The Witcher and eentje over onze maatschappij.



 

I never played The Witcher game, but I did see the TV-series' first season in the months before Covid-19. The books are about the same characters, Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer and the others, but the story details differ from the TV-series. I saw the second season before I read any of the books.

Some dialogues are identical in both books and TV. And yes, the books also mix time periods! Anyway, so far these books are entertaining and I will definitely read more (I got eight, which is all of them I think).


While looking for wine in Antwerp I came across a 'Books & Wine' store. I did not find the wine I was looking for so I bought this book.

Bart Verhoeven is een millennial (een dertiger vandaag) en geeft zijn kijk op onze maatschappij. Hij slaat met momenten de nagel op de kop en het was leuk om typische Gen X observaties te lezen, maar dan geschreven door een snotneus. Het boek mocht ook 250blz langer zijn.

Hier en daar had ik wel mijn bedenkingen, zo kon ik me niet identificeren met de 'typische mens' in het begin van het boek. Ik laat immers mijn gsm achter als ik de stad in ga (het is rustgevend om offline te zijn in First life) en heb bijna nooit een smartphone bij.


No comments: